Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer
What makes Omron’s HJ-112 digital pocket pedometer special? This question might arise in your mind every time you hear about it. Have you ever looked at its features? If No, then you are at the right place to explore it. Instead of using a simple pendulum mechanism, Omron pedometer works with brilliant sense technology with superior acceleration sensors. These sensors identify when you take a step and filter out non-walking movements, ensuring that your count is precise.
If you are purchasing something for the first time, then confusion about its accuracy might stop you. As a beginner into a new journey that might be running, walking, exercising, or something else, Omron’s HJ-112 pocket pedometer is a perfect match. Here we will discuss other features of this pedometer with which you can explore its working.
Accuracy In Step Tracking:
When it comes to picking a pedometer, the essential concern is the accuracy of the step monitoring. Omron states that the Omron hj-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer has a step counting precision of +/-5 percent.
It includes an acceleration sensor to accurate data when people are walking and not walking from other body vibrations. It’s a dual-axis sensor, which means the Omron pedometer will precisely record your steps whether you’re standing vertically or horizontally.
If you are a patient of arthritis or have other knee problems, you can set the stride length according to your need.
Four Simple Buttons:
- Set button: You can set the time, weight, and stride length using the SET button. The SET button can also modify a setting by pushing it to the desired setting and holding it for at least 2 seconds.
- MEMO/ UP button: As you select the time, weight, and stride length, the MEMO/up button on Omron pedometer allows you to view and choose the values you wish. It’s a good idea to write down your stride length to don’t have to remeasure if you need to reset your pedometer.
- MODE button: You can view the different tracking results by pressing the MODE button. The mode button display will change each time you touch it to show you steps, aerobic steps, calories, and miles, among other things.
- RESET button: You can reset everything by pressing the SYSTEM RESET button on the back of the Omron pocket pedometer. Push it with a paper clip.
Easy Steps To Start The Watch
- Install the battery: You can remove the screw from the battery cover on the back of the unit using a small screwdriver. With the positive (+) side up and at the top, insert the battery that came with it, then Replace the battery cover and tighten it.
- Time setting: The hour will flash on the display after the battery is fitted. When you press the MEMO button, the time will advance in 1-hour intervals. Make sure you’re using the correct AM or PM setting, and then press SET when you’ve got it. The minutes will now be flashing. Press MEMO until the minutes are right, then press SET.
- Weight setting: The weight will flash on the display after the time has been set on Omron hj-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer. To increase the weight by one pound, press and hold the MEMO button. SET once you’ve reached your desired weight.
- Stride length: The stride length will flash after you have set your weight. You can move up by one by 4 inches by pressing and holding the MEMO button. And you’re all set to go! All you have to do to change a setting is press and hold the SET button for at least 2 seconds. After that, hit SET to go to the one you wish to alter.
Omron pedometer’s lists the following accessories as being included in your purchase:
- Pedometer Omron HJ-112
- the lithium-ion battery
- the holder
- guide of instructions
- Step tracking of Omron pedometer is very accurate when the personal stride length is recorded accurately.
- The guide is simple and straightforward. It is either included with your purchase or can be downloaded in PDF format.
- Omron pocket pedometer is simple to set up and utilize. Install the battery, configure the time, your weight, and stride length in four simple steps, and you’re ready to begin.
- You can get the precise tracking information you want to see simply by pressing MODE.
- Omron pedometer keeps a weekly log of your steps in memory so you can track your progress and set new goals.
- It’s simple to read the digital display.
- It’s small and light, weighing only 1.1 ounces with the battery.
- It doesn’t create any unpleasant clicking noises.
- It will continue to work even after you dropped it. So far, Omron pocket pedometer appears to be durable,
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
- For a newbie or anyone looking for a primary, dependable tool, the pricing is incredibly reasonable.
- Issue: the belt or waistline clasp slips off frequently or comes unclipped easily. Solution: you use the pedometer’s included safety strap. It will prevent the pedometer from dropping and breaking or being lost.
- Issue: It is not water-resistant. Solution: try to wash your hands carefully when you are wearing them, and don’t wear them while taking a shower.
- When you replace the battery, you must set all of your settings again.
- Issue: It simply keeps track of miles and pounds, not in kilometers or kilos. solution: you can use a conversion formula if you want to track your distance in kilometers
- There is no computer connection available on this device; however, there is no need to have it because the phone app can record all of the data.
Omron’s HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer is an excellent choice. It offers all of the essential features, as well as an easy-to-read display and an affordable price. Omron pedometer is currently the number one selling pedometer watch on Amazon.
That’s incredible! Not only are beginners and seniors looking for a simple, easy, but many seasoned walkers also recommended it for its simplicity, accuracy, and durability. Also, accessories are provided with this Omron pocket pedometer, making it the cheapest watch in price while containing all the essential features with great functions.